Do Google Ads Work For HVAC Contractors?
Heating, ventilation, and air conditioning professionals are aware that homeowners must maintain the operation of their AC and heating units all year round.
To establish or expand your HVAC enterprise, it is imperative to have a comprehensive digital marketing strategy that outperforms your rivals in generating potential leads and inquiries. Utilizing Google Ads is a vital element of any HVAC marketing plan that can attract new patrons to your business.
In order to connect with your intended audience effectively, it is necessary to use Google Ads since your clientele uses Google to locate the commodities and services they seek. This is because Google Ads allows you to deliver the appropriate message to the ideal viewers at the appropriate moment.
Why Use Google HVAC Ads?
When in need of HVAC services, homeowners seek particular services. In the event of an air conditioner malfunction, homeowners rely on Google to locate a nearby HVAC business that will ensure the security and comfort of their household.
To generate a greater number of phone calls in a brief period, HVAC companies rely on satisfying the demands of their clients. Homeowners require an immediate resolution, and most significantly, they require a distinct HVAC service that addresses their requirements.
Utilizing Google Ads’ Pay Per Click advertising is an excellent means to secure a top position in Google search results. Employing this focused marketing method is a cost-efficient way to reach potential clients within your service area.
Want 185% More Leads?
See how we helped R & T Services generate 582 leads and 294 calls each month with HVAC marketing!
How To Make Google Ads Work For Your HVAC Business
Business owners can develop a successful marketing campaign with the aid of Google Ads as they have unparalleled control over messaging compared to other marketing channels.
Not having a Google Ads campaign for your business means that you are neglecting an effective lead generator. This will prevent you from capturing potential customers who are eager to contact you for a new installation or repair.
If you lack knowledge on optimizing your account, using Google Ads for HVAC companies can result in a significant loss of money. Hence, we present seven tips on running HVAC ads on Google to expand your HVAC business right away!
1. Understand User Intent
Familiar with our audience? Understanding user intent is crucial for successful Google Ads campaigns. To provide HVAC services that appeal to new customers, it’s vital to grasp their intent and meet their requirements.
When searching for HVAC services, potential customers utilize a variety of keywords specific to the type of service they require.
- Emergency : This type of search query is used when new customers need urgent help. You can capture these leads using keywords and ad groups (more on that later) specific to emergency HVAC services.
- Affordable This search query signals that new customers need specific services at a low cost. Your HVAC company can reach budget-conscious customers during an economic downturn.
- Reliable : Homeowners need goods and services from a trusted local business. You can secure more leads by appearing at the top of Google search engine results for trust-based keywords.
- Near Me : Customers need HVAC technicians in their geographic area. You can grab the attention of highly-qualified customers in your service area.
- Fix : People use how-to search queries when searching through the Consideration Phase of their Customer Journey. You can drive more leads and calls by getting in front of new customers when they realize their problem and start to look for a solution.
Comprehensive keyword research allows you to customize your message and delivery to match your target audience’s intent, which leads to increased conversions and reduced expenses on Google AdWords. As your customers search for products and services, tailoring your approach around their intent is critical.
2. Select The Right Keywords
To ensure that the appropriate message appears based on your customers’ needs, it is crucial to allocate the proper keywords to each campaign and ad group since your customers use keywords when searching on Google, and Google factors in each search query when displaying advertisements in search results.
Choosing the best keywords for your account will require a significant amount of time investment, and the following guidelines may be helpful during the keyword research process.
- Service-Specific : Customers are looking for specific HVAC services so you will need to include specific keywords in different ad groups. Service-specific keyword variations will help your ads trigger when different search queries are used.
- Keyword Match Type : Keyword match type is a tool you can use to tell Google how much control you want over your ad placement. Depending on your strategy, you will typically want to retain as much control by using Exact Match, Phrase Match, and Broad Match Modified keywords.
- Negative Keywords : Negative keywords prevent you from appearing in irrelevant searches so you can conserve your marketing dollars and attract qualified leads.
- Check Competition : You can use different PPC keyword tools to find keywords that your competition might be missing.
Conducting proper keyword research is crucial to the success of your PPC strategy. To generate more leads and calls, it is essential to invest time in researching relevant terms that align with your customers’ requirements.
Level-Up Your Business With HVAC Marketing Solutions
Your business is too important to go it alone. Our PPC experts are here to help you today!
3. Campaign & Ad Group Structure
Your Google Ads account is rooted in campaigns, with ad groups serving as specific containers within each campaign. The purpose of campaigns and ad groups is to arrange ads and keywords in accordance with user intent.
To target specific themes and objectives, you can devise a plan of action for your campaigns and ad groups. Arranging campaigns and ad groups might seem overwhelming, but adhering to these guidelines will yield optimal outcomes for your endeavors.
- Demographics : Build a campaign for different demographics like geographic location and language that you want to target.
- Ad Groups / Campaign : Don’t create more than seven ad groups per campaign.
- Keywords / Ad Group : Too many keywords in a single ad group can confuse Google, so don’t add more than 20 keywords per ad group.
- # Ads / Ad Group : You need to know what ads perform best, so you should only have 2 or 3 ads in each ad group. Limiting the number of ads will let you A/B test ideas.
incorporate effective campaign and ad structure into your digital marketing strategy for optimal results.
4. Write Google HVAC Ads That Get Clicked
Composing Google Ads can be exceptionally infuriating because you must amalgamate both artistic and scientific elements to differentiate yourself among your rivals and be discovered by Google.
Achieving higher Click-Through Rates and Conversion Rates for Google Ads can be a difficult task when it comes to copywriting. However, incorporating a handful of trusted strategies can make it more manageable.
- Unique Selling Points : Your Google Ads should address the immediate need of your customers. Special offers and specific services are great ways to make your ads more.
- Use Numbers & Special Text : You need your ads to stand out from your competition, and you can add numbers and special text characters in your ad copy to drive qualified clicks and calls.
- Use Keywords In Ad Copy : Google wants to serve relevant ads, and you can add the same keywords that you use in your campaigns to your ad copy to boost performance.
- Ask A Question In Headlines : People go to Google to ask questions, and you can include questions in the headlines of your HVAC ads. You can use a well-placed question to transform a general keyword into an opportunity to speak directly to your customers.
- Use Call To Actions (CTAs) : Add a strong call to action at the end of your ad copy to drive new customers’ engagement.
To achieve successful HVAC PPC marketing, you need to compose ads that attract attention, outperform your rivals in search results, and entice fresh clients to click on them.
You Deserve The Best HVAC Marketing Solutions
Looking for a pro to help you generate more leads and sales? We’re here to help!
5. Effective Landing Pages
When customers click on your PPC ad, you should redirect them to a landing page on your website. This landing page needs to be optimized in order to facilitate your customers’ purchases.
Ensure your customers are converting on your landing page even after using the appropriate keywords to locate your ad and clicking on it. Follow these suggestions to develop outstanding landing pages for your PPC promotions:
- Clear Contact Information : Make sure your phone number, address, and hours of operation are placed across your landing page to help new customers contact your team.
- Page Speed : You have done a lot of work to get people to your site, but is a slow page killing your conversion rate? Keep page load speed below 3 seconds, or your customers will leave before they convert!
- Include Keywords : Google’s Quality Score looks at the user experience throughout the Customer Journey. It would be best to place keywords used in your Google Ads campaigns and ad copy to streamline your customer experience throughout the entire journey.
- Mobile-Friendly : You’ll likely find that most of your customers use their mobile devices to search for HVAC services. Your landing pages need to look great on mobile and desktop to capture as many leads as possible.
- Add Testimonials & Reviews : You can help your HVAC company stand out with trust-building content like testimonials and reviews on each landing page.
Landing page design requires attention to details, as even minor modifications can result in a considerable increase in conversion rates.
6. Try Video-Driven HVAC Marketing
Instead of searching for content to post on social media, consider creating your own videos using your smartphone. Video marketing is a widely popular approach, as 85% of U.S. internet users regularly view online video content. With over two billion users, YouTube and other video-sharing platforms account for nearly one-third of the internet population. Moreover, mobile devices enable people to view videos anytime and anywhere.
Once more, this is a fantastic method of imparting practical and valuable knowledge to customers in order to establish their trust and dedication. Producing videos does not need to be complex. Consider the frequently asked queries posed by clients and respond to them in a straightforward Q&A style.
There are numerous instances that serve as good illustrations:
- How frequently do you need an HVAC tune-up?
- What does it mean when your AC makes these noises?
- How can you save on your heating bills?
You can establish yourself as an expert by simply addressing relevant inquiries, thereby lending credibility and fostering a personal connection with potential customers. This approach generates trust and likability, as it puts a human face to your brand. By setting up a YouTube channel and embedding your videos onto your website, you can seamlessly incorporate video content into your social media strategy. This not only attracts more visitors to your site, but it can also enhance your SEO ranking.
7. Give Email Marketing a Go
Email marketing can be advantageous for promoting deals and specials to your customers. One way to increase your email list is by urging individuals to sign up through your website. A cost-effective method to generate HVAC leads is to employ targeted email marketing. By providing your customers with pertinent content, you can enhance conversion rates and elevate sales.
If you are a newbie to email marketing, there are several convenient tools you can use to streamline and simplify the process. Services such as MailChimp and MailerLite permit you to send out marketing emails and organize your contacts. Moreover, they provide useful ready-to-use templates, which means you needn’t worry about creating an enticing email newsletter from scratch by coding in HTML.
In order to be successful in email marketing, it is important to avoid overwhelming your customers with too much information. Overloading them may cause annoyance and lead to unsubscribing. Instead, focus on making your communication engaging and informative.
Utilize certain content from above, such as instructional how-to videos and information on seasonal specifics, for other purposes. Refrain from using spam-trigger words like “free” in the subject lines of your email newsletters.
To achieve a lasting impact with email marketing, ensure that you routinely scrub your email databases. MailerLite, among other applications, facilitates the tracking of subscribers who either opened or clicked on links in your emails. Consequently, unresponsive recipients or those who never open emails can be conveniently culled from your mailing database.