ORGANIC SOCIAL MEDIA VS. PAID SOCIAL ADS
Before we delve extensively into Facebook ads for your electrician business, it is essential for you to grasp the distinction between paid and organic social media. While you may already be aware that Facebook ads belong to the realm of “paid social,” what other components are included in paid social? Furthermore, what precisely constitutes organic social media? Let us delve further into understanding the disparity.
- Organic Social Media: Put simply, organic social is any free content that you create and post to your social media channels. This can include photos, status updates, shared posts, and more. As long as you don’t pay for it, it’s organic.
- Paid Social Ads: Anything that you pay to promote will fall into this category. This includes but is not limited to paid ads, sponsored content, and influencer partnerships.
It is crucial for you to comprehend the distinction between these two types of social media content, as they are vital components that should be included in your marketing strategy, despite their seemingly straightforward nature.
You cannot afford to miss out, considering that 60% of small businesses post on Facebook at least once a week.
SO WHY DO FACEBOOK ADS WORK SO WELL?
For small businesses seeking to expand and generate leads, Facebook ads prove to be a formidable marketing tool due to their effectiveness.
- First, Facebook ads allow you to target your audience very specifically. You can target people based on their location, age, gender, interests, and more. This ensures that your ad is seen by people who are most likely to be interested in your services as an electrician.
- Secondly, Facebook ads are affordable. You can set a budget for your ad campaign and only pay when someone clicks on your ad. This makes Facebook ads an extremely cost-effective way to reach new potential customers.
- Finally, Facebook ads offer a great way to track results. You can see how many people have seen your ad, how many people have clicked on it, and what kind of results you’re getting from your ad campaign. This allows you to make necessary adjustments to ensure that you’re getting the most bang for your buck.
DIFFERENT TYPES OF FACEBOOK ADS TO USE FOR YOUR ELECTRICIAN BUSINESS
In this discussion, we will explore various types of Facebook ads that can be highly impactful for electricians.
- Lead generation ad: These ads feature a call-to-action button that allows users to sign up for your mailing list or request a quote. The key to making these ads effective is to target them toward homeowners or businesses in your service area who are likely in need of electrical work.
- Brand awareness ad: These ads feature your contact information and logo, and they’re designed to put your name and face in front of as many people as possible. Brand awareness ads are most effective when they’re targeted toward people who live or work in areas where you’re looking to expand your business.
- Retargeting ad: Retargeting ads are shown to people who have visited your website but didn’t take action, like requesting a quote or signing up for your mailing list. These ads can be customized to show different offers or messages, depending on what you think will best motivate the user to take action. For example, you could offer a discount for first-time customers or highlight some of your recent positive reviews.
When utilized properly, Facebook ads have the potential to effectively reach new customers and expand your electrician business. They can aid in lead generation, enhance brand recognition, and boost sales.
HOW DOES FACEBOOK ADVERTISING WORK?
We have previously stated that Facebook ads are extremely efficient in targeting potential customers. Now, let’s examine in detail the functioning of Facebook ads. Presented below are 4 recommended techniques for electricians to create successful Facebook ads.
- Clearly state what you do and who you serve. When creating your ad, be clear about what services you offer and who your target audience is. This will help to ensure that only people who are interested in your services see your ad.
- Use strong visuals. People are more likely to engage with an ad that includes strong visuals. Make sure your ad features an image or video that will grab people’s attention and convey the message of your ad effectively.
- Use persuasive copy. Your ad copy should be convincing and persuade people to take action, whether it’s contacting you for more information or scheduling an appointment. Be sure to highlight the benefits of working with you as an electrician.
- Target your audience wisely. One of the great things about Facebook advertising is that you can target your ads to a specific audience. This ensures that your ad reaches people who are most likely to be interested in your services. When targeting your audience, consider factors such as location, age, and gender.
By adhering to these best practices, you can generate successful Facebook ads that will enable you to reach fresh customers and expand your business.
More Proven Electrician Advertising Ideas and Examples
1. Create a professional website
Creating a professional website is one of the most essential methods for advertising your electrician business. The website should include your products and services, along with the intended clients you wish to target, whether they are businesses or residents.
To ensure your company appears in local searches, focus on SEO optimization and use a clean, mobile-accessible, and easy-to-navigate design on your website. Additionally, make it simple for potential clients to contact you by providing contact information, contact forms, or chatbots. Utilizing your website, you can also advertise special offers, new services, and positive customer testimonials.
2. Post on social media
By posting and advertising on social media, you not only reach potential clients, but also establish yourself as a social media expert. You can consider providing basic tips, such as determining when a circuit is overloaded or the age requirement for considering rewiring in your home. Through this, you can demonstrate your skills and offer value to your followers, without the need for direct advertisements.
Advertising on social media is, of course, another effective method to generate leads. Certain platforms, such as Facebook, provide the opportunity for clients to directly book jobs through the social media platform.
3. Create an email list
When you possess an email list of your current customers, it becomes simple to notify them of any new promotions, services, or modifications in your business. By providing discounts, merchandise, or free services, you can encourage them to sign up for the list. Once you have formed your email list, think about providing a complimentary yearly check-up for subscribers. This will assist in determining any maintenance requirements that your customers might have.
Email lists are valuable due to their ability to retain existing clients and attract new ones. After completing a service call, it is recommended to send clients a brief email or text. Whether clients are automatically added to the email list or they are encouraged to sign up, this strategy proves to be an exceptionally effective marketing tool.
Remember to use your email list to send holiday or end-of-year messages to thank clients for their business. Some companies also include offers for discounts and services, but the main purpose is to ensure that your company name remains memorable to clients. This can be especially helpful when clients are asked for recommendations by friends, family members, or colleagues.
4. Use contractor apps
Contractor apps offer a convenient method for enhancing your business communications, monitoring past service appointments, and overseeing your financial matters. Services such as QuickBooks and NorthOne business banking have been developed to facilitate the tracking of your expenses and cash flow, whereas there are also other apps tailored specifically for electricians and other contractors.
There are several excellent apps available for contractors.
- FieldPulse Pro: FieldPulse Pro is a management tool for electricians. They help create quotes based on “good, better, best” pricing schemes, along with creating and sending invoices, calculating markup and tax, inventory tracking and other useful features.
- Housecall Pro: Housecall Pro is designed especially for contractors. You can bid on jobs from your phone, generate estimates and convert to invoices, send automatic payment reminders, allow customers to book jobs from social media sites, sending custom notifications, solicit reviews and send automatic marketing emails.
- Jobber: Jobber is designed to schedule jobs, create quotes and convert them into invoices, track customer information, time, and expenses, and send appointment and service reminders. This app can also help you streamline service routes and automate basic business and marketing tasks.
- Local Pro: Local Pro tracks Home Depot purchases through their app, which in turn generates leads for contractors. It also allows you to build a local contractor profile and solicit reviews.
- Sparkyapp: Sparkyapp is designed to create quotes, convert them into invoices, and order the products you need to get the job done.
- Workiz Electrician App: Workiz is a management tool designed especially for electricians. It allows you to schedule and dispatch jobs to colleagues, accept payments from clients, monitor your technicians, and send notifications to clients.
5. Make informational videos
A great way to spread the word about your expertise is by providing high-quality content, such as informative videos. By focusing on scenarios where non-professionals may require the assistance of an electrician, like recognizing or resolving electrical problems, you demonstrate your knowledge and establish yourself as an authority in the field. Additionally, it’s crucial to emphasize the importance of contacting a professional in certain situations.
Your clients are more likely to stay loyal to your business as they become more acquainted with you, whether it’s through service calls or via quality content.
6. Run local TV and radio ads
When you have the budget, it is important to remember to run local TV and radio ads. There are contractor ads, such as the ones created by Radiant Plumbing & Air Conditioning in Austin, TX, that are so creative that they gain national attention. These ads caught the attention of Last Week Tonight with their movie-trailer-style approach. Additionally, Radiant Plumbing & Air Conditioning uses their YouTube channel to introduce their team members, address technical inquiries, and more.
Radiant’s promotional materials serve the purposes of educating, advertising, and entertaining simultaneously, setting them apart from other plumbers. Whether you choose amusing and entertaining commercials or direct informational materials, local television and radio platforms can help in generating a substantial number of potential customers.