Are you skilled in electrician marketing, in addition to being a skilled electrician? It is likely that you have established your business by offering excellent services, having experience, and being passionate about your profession. Building a successful electrical contracting business is a challenging task, and if yours has survived for more than two years, you have already surpassed 34% of small businesses. If you have managed to sustain it for five years, you have outlasted 50% of your competitors.
First and foremost, congratulations! You have done a great job. Nonetheless, now comes the challenging phase.
Simply relying on your experience and passion in the industry will not be sufficient to further expand your business. The intensity of competition has reached unprecedented levels, and in addition, the recent digital revolution must be considered – nearly 97% of consumers currently utilize the internet to discover local businesses. Previously, word of mouth served as your main source of leads, but now the process of review generation and recommendations has shifted to online platforms such as Google, Nextdoor, and various online directories.
If you want your electrical contracting business to grow in 2023 and beyond, it is necessary for you to engage in online marketing.
By employing the appropriate mix of online marketing strategies, electricians can generate a consistent stream of high-quality leads and scheduled jobs. This will not only enhance their profitability but also establish their reputation as a leading figure in the industry.
In this article, we will provide you with suggestions to enhance and improve your electrical marketing and advertising strategy.
You Need a Great Electrician Website Design
Your website is likely to be the first interaction prospects will have with your company, as 97% of consumers go online to find local services.
When a company has a website, it is important to consider that simply having one is insufficient. This is because 75% of individuals have assessed a company’s credibility by evaluating its website design. Additionally, 48% of people consider website design to be the most influential factor in determining credibility. Moreover, a negative experience on a website significantly reduces the likelihood of users revisiting it, by 88%.
- Your website needs to be visible – When we say visible, we mean in search engines like Google. We talk more about search engine optimization (SEO) for electricians a bit further down.
- Your website needs to be mobile friendly – In the past 12 months there have been almost 1.5 million online searches for electrician keywords, and 61% of those searches happened on a mobile device. Not only that, but 57% of users say they won’t recommend a business with a poorly designed mobile site. If that’s not enough to convince you, Google also ranks mobile websites higher in the search engine results.
- Your website needs to be secure – Is your website HTTP or HTTPS? It should be HTTPS. Data breaches and hacked consumer information are commonplace now—and your website visitors know this. If your electrical website has any place where users can fill in personal information (even if it’s just a phone number and email address) it needs to be secure.
- Your website needs to be fast – Website visitors need to see something happen on your site in under three seconds. If not, 40% of them will leave and go to another website.
- Your website needs to have a great user experience – Is your website easy to navigate from a mobile device? Is your contact information front and center? Is it intuitive and does it answer top questions right away? Is it attractive? It needs to be all of the above. Once your page loads, users form an opinion in 0.5 seconds. They expect to be able to find information easily and quickly—especially from a mobile device.
Add Email Marketing to Your Electrician Marketing Strategy
Ensure that the most pertinent message is presented to the appropriate customers by carefully considering each step.
Segment the audience of your email by using relevant data.
To effectively target your customers, enhance your customer relationship management.
Targeted email marketing is considered one of the most effective marketing channels today, and for every $1 spent, it can generate an average revenue of $40 for your company.
According to Megan Bedford of Mugyver Consulting, the most effective electrical email marketing campaign is one that ensures your company’s name reaches the maximum number of customers with the most fitting message at the appropriate time.
Why do few companies engage in automated email marketing? According to Bedford, it is because they believe they lack the ability to handle it internally or find an affordable service provider. Sending mass emails with generic content tends to not appeal to customers and leads to decreased conversion rates.
Optimize Your Website for SEO
It should be recognized that the internet is utilized by 90% of consumers for locating local businesses.
When selecting the best keywords, it is important to consider local factors.
Ensure that you incorporate diverse forms of keywords throughout your website.
When coming up with electrical advertising ideas to enhance your company’s search engine results, think about the modern busy homeowner. Do they ask their neighbors for electrician recommendations when they require one? Not as frequently as before.
In the process of finding a local business, consumers commonly start by turning on an electronic device, such as a phone, tablet, computer, or laptop, and conduct a search for “electricians near me,” preferably opting for those with positive reviews. As reported by the 2019 Local Consumer Review Survey, 90% of consumers made use of the internet to locate a nearby business in the previous year.
Google’s algorithm searches for and displays web pages that are most relevant to the customer’s search for “electrician service” or “electrician near me”. The algorithm considers factors such as relevance, location, authority, and other factors rather than just ad spend. This means that smaller electrical businesses have the same chance as larger companies to be prominently featured in Google’s organic search results if their web pages are topically and geographically relevant.
When you are an electrical contractor in Boston, ensure that you incorporate “Boston electrical repair” as one of the primary keyword phrases. Scatter different versions of the keywords throughout various sections of your website, including landing pages, content blogs, headlines, subheads, meta tags, and meta descriptions. This will enhance the SEO effectiveness of your website.
When potential customers come across your business on Google, Nextdoor, Yelp, or any other platform, they often check out your website. Therefore, it is important to ensure that your website appears professional, user-friendly, and is well-optimized for Google’s organic search rankings.
Invest In Video Marketing for Electricians
The present and future rely heavily on video marketing. U.S. internet users currently dedicate an average of 15 hours per week to digital videos. Cisco forecasts that by 2021, video content will dominate 82% of all internet traffic. Moreover, incorporating a video on a landing page has the potential to enhance conversion rates by 80%, while videos also contribute to a 157% surge in organic traffic from SERPs. Begin by producing the suggested videos and establish a YouTube channel.
- Company profile videos – Who are you, and why does your company exist? Customers want to know.
- Customer testimonial videos – The top source of leads is recommendations, so get ahead of the game by filming them
- How-to videos that answer common questions – How-to videos earn the most attention out of any videos on YouTube. For example, create videos on common questions like how to install a light dimmer switch, or how to reset a circuit breaker.
- Animated videos that break down complicated electrical concepts and installation processes – Most people don’t understand complicated electrical wiring regulations and processes. Animated videos are a great chance to break it down for them.
- Technician introduction videos – I’d feel better knowing who was coming into my home to work on my wiring—wouldn’t you?
Get More Electrical Leads with Online Review Generation
You may have observed a decrease in the number of leads you receive as word of mouth and customer referrals, which used to be a significant source, have now shifted online to platforms such as Google, Yelp, and Nextdoor. Take into account the following statistics:
- 88% of consumers trust online reviews as much as a personal recommendation
- 72% of consumers say that positive reviews make them trust a local business more
- 90% of consumers say that their purchases are influenced by online reviews
Review generation and management play a crucial role in your marketing strategy. In addition to potentially deterring potential customers from visiting your website due to low review ratings or a lack of reviews, having high review ratings also assists in securing a spot in the “local pack” on Google search result pages.